FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Healing Foods to Savor Cookbook
By Sheila Kealey and Vicky A. Newman with Susan Faerber
Recipes feature vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes, which have long been recognized as good sources of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. New research suggests that many of these plant foods contain other healing substances including phytochemicals (plant chemicals). These phytochemicals help protect plants from disease, and studies are revealing that eating a diet with plenty of phytochemical-rich foods may help protect humans from disease as well. View a sample page Cruciferous Wonders and a list of recipes Recipe List from the 2012 edition.
Food For Thought: Healing Foods to Savor features …
- An alphabetical reference of vegetables, fruits, beans/legumes, and whole grains that includes:
- Great tasting recipes, each with complete nutritional analysis
- Storage and preparation tips
- Grocery shopping tips
- Serving ideas
- Healthy eating and living guidelines
- A guide to understanding protein, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
The cookbook sells for $20 + postage/handling. Quantity discounts are available (contact publisher at the link above). All proceeds from the sale of this book go to the Cancer Prevention and Control Program of the UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center. To order this Cookbook click HERE.
For more of Vicky’s recipes, click HERE.